Cleaning Up.

One thing I am totally grateful for, is that having a maid in Brazil is a relatively inexpensive treat. For about R$50.00 we have a maid come and clean the entire place. She spends close to 8 hours cleaning this house, and it works out to be about US$25.00 or slightly more. Another treat I have come to love is the Ironing Lady. She comes once a week and irons all the clothes for R$20.00 or about US$10.00.

The price for house cleaning is reasonable enough that even low income families can afford to create an extra job for someone in need. I am really grateful we are able to afford these treats. I know it has saved me money on pain medication already. Lets be honest though, even if my hips were normal and pain wasn't a factor, I would still not pass up the opportunity to have it done for me.

No comments: