Thanks!


Mom had a tradition of sitting down at the Thanksgiving table and asking each of us to take turns saying what we were thankful for that year. This usually ended up with the one speaking getting a bit choked up and as kids we dreaded our turn. So we would quietly wait, just hoping Mom would forget about the tradition for one year. Of course she never forgot and we would always end up taking our turn. 
So in the spirit of Thanksgiving, even though I can't be at the table with my Mom, I want to take my turn. 
--I am thankful that I have both of my parents alive and healthy and that they both STILL love me ;)  I am on another continent I can still feel the love!!! I am thankful for the examples of dedication and love they have given me through my life. 
--I am thankful for my sister. She is an incredible woman and I have so much that I can learn from her. I love you!
--I am thankful for my brothers.  I have got three of the best brothers anyone could ask for. I am thankful for everything you guys have ever done for me!!! I love you guys and you (along with my sister) definitely make my list of heroes.
--I am thankful that I am an aunt 12 times over. I love every single one of those kids and am so incredibly thankful  and excited that I will get the chance to see all of them in just a few weeks!!!  
--If I think back to November of last year, I would have never guessed that I would have come so far. I had so much personal growth this year that I am hardly recognizable… and that is a good thing!  I made one goal and once I reached it, I made another and when I reached that I made another, and on and on it went. I am thankful for STRENGTH. 
--I am thankful I have a job that I enjoy.  I am thankful I have a cool boss (who might read this… so I will follow this with a big ;) (wink))
-- I am thankful for sacrifice, those who do/have done it for me and those who allow/have allowed me to do it for them. It is an integral part of our growth and it makes us stronger.  
--I am thankful for my sub-family and friends here in Brazil… the ones who treat me like I am one of the family and love and respect me. Thank you so much for everything you do! 
--I am thankful for sushi… without it, the world would be... well... just boring.

1 comment:

Cindy-Rae said...

Oh Yeeeeaaaaah, little girl? I am thankful for YOU, even though you made me cry - and it's not even Thanksgiving here yet!!! I'll print out your post and have Bet read it for you tomorrow. THANK YOU! You are ALWAYS with me at Thanksgiving (and every other day) no matter where you are!! I love you SOOOOOOOO much! mOm