Miniatures out the ears.

Anyone who really knows me, knows that I love miniatures. I collect all sorts of miniatures, including Homies and Kinder Surprise (aka Kinder Ovo aka Kinder Egg), Glass animals, Mini wooden furniture... the list goes on.  I don't know what it is about a miniature that gets me all excited, but I am sure it must have something to do with my childhood.
Not a miniature but part of my collection. Ozzy!

I have a memory of visiting my grandma one summer and seeing mounted on her wall a miniature collection displayed in an old printers tray (the trays that printing presses used to hold the little letters for typesetting). I was fascinated by both the collection and the tray.  I remember seeing amongst her collection a miniature baby doll and I couldn't believe they could make a baby doll so small. I wasn't allowed to touch, but when grandma wasn't looking, I touched everything in the display case. When I got older I was given an old printers tray and I used that for my own miniatures collection until it outgrew the case. For the past 7 years my miniatures have been boxed away because I have had no place to display them.

I took them out the other day and started to put them on an empty shelf I have, I realized about an hour into it, that I will have to take them all back down when the maid comes to clean. I can't imagine having to do that every few weeks with a collection so large. So, I am starting my search for a great way to display my large collection without dust being an issue... Any suggestions are welcome.

No comments: