Wifi Booster... crafty old me :)

I know some say it is a myth, if you talk about it in an open forum you might get flamed for it... but I decided to give it a shot anyway. It isn't pretty by any means, and I got laughed at when someone saw my work of art, but the dang thing works and that is all I care about.

The Wifi in the house was really weak because the main router is hidden in a corner office with outside windows. I get one bar of connection when I am in the small office at the back of the house. Since I spend most of my time in the back area of the house, I decided to try and find a way to boost the signal. I did a search and found this simple little parabolic antenna booster. It took me about 10 minutes to print out and make. I hooked it over the antenna and checked the signal around the house. I get double the bars in most areas of the house. I still have not gotten it to blast back to the back rooms at full strength but I figure a slightly bigger one will do the trick. I have plans tomorrow to get a bigger one built.

So, maybe it is coincidence that my signal has been stronger for the past week that I have had it up, but I would like to think this thing is working... because I felt all cool making it.
You can find the pattern for making it here... Parabolic Antenna

1 comment:

Denise H. said...

look at you all Creative!!! I love it, and it works.. the joke is on everyone else.